First Pics with New 7D

Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
yycPhotog
Forum MemberPosts: 83Gear list
Like?
Re: First Pics with New 7D
In reply to Rakumi, Feb 25, 2013

Rakumi wrote:

Maybe you can invest in the 55-250mm IS. Pretty nice lens and very affordable. Look it up if you do not know about it. I switch right away when i had your lens in place of this one. And even after you have your L, you will probably still use this lens because it is small and light.

-- hide signature --

Darkness is the monster and your shutter is your sword, aperture your shield and iso your armor. Strike fast with your sword and defend well with your shield and hope your armor holds up.

I do mostly wildlife photography so the 55-250 would be going down in size, hence the need for the 100 - 400 lens. If I could afford it, I would even go 500 mm or more, but unfortunately, budget doesn't allow this to happen at this time. Maybe sometime in the future I may look at the 55 - 250 as a general purpose lens, but for now, I'm sticking with the purchase of the 100 - 400 mm lens. For really far reach purposes, I use a C5 spotting scope from Celestron, which acts as a 1250 mm @F10. Not the most ideal solution but it works quite well for the most part!

Thanks!

yycPhotog's gear list:yycPhotog's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow