Started Feb 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marco Cinnirella
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,374Gear list
Like?
My first challenge entry - pleased with 6th place
Feb 25, 2013

I know many friends on this forum have won 1st place in challenges, and kudos to you guys. I just entered my first ever DPR challenge ("Interaction") and was very pleased to get 6th place with this image shot on my a700.

One thing did strike me - in order to avoid biased voting based on camera manufacturer biases or biases targeting names/backgrounds, it would be nice if over time DPR evolve a challenge setup where the camera data and identity of the entrant is not revealed until AFTER voting has closed.

Anyway, these challenges are fun and its nice to see the venerable a700 can stilll compete with images from more modern cams.

Challenge is here http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Challenge.aspx?ID=7742

My 6th place entry:-

p.s. to those with a knowledge of stats - as a psychologist I chuckled to myself when I saw the distribution of votes for my image looked like a near perfect normal distribution ! Would have preferred positively skewed, but hey, it was my first time

Marco Cinnirella's gear list:Marco Cinnirella's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony SLT-A57 Fujifilm X-E1 +1 more
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow