Canon Pro9500 output on Canon Platinum paper not even close to correct. What am I doing wrong?

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RoundVu
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Canon Pro9500 output on Canon Platinum paper not even close to correct. What am I doing wrong?
Feb 25, 2013

I'm trying to do some prints with my Canon Pixma Pro9500.  I'm using original canon inks and Canon  Pro Platinum paper. THe printer profile I've selected is the Canon Series PT1.  I'm using a Mac running OSX 10.8 and Photoshop CS6.  Default colour setting in CS6.  After running through various print tests to confirm that the printheads are clean and aligned I tried to do some real prints.  My results are awful.  The prints look as if they are a couple of stops overexposed.  This happens both when I try to print from Photoshop and by using the Canon plugin.

My printer has been idle for a few months but I would thing clogging issues would have shown up in the print tests.  I feel like I must be missing something obvious here to be so far off.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow