Forum ProPosts: 21,459
Like?
Re: RF is the way
In reply to Leonard Migliore, Feb 25, 2013

Leonard Migliore wrote:

AllMankind wrote:

Barrie Davis wrote:

AllMankind wrote:

I have never had a problem, and I shoot mostly studio using RF Triggers.

Maybe it's your equipment.

I have been using wired flash triggering to my main light for 50 years of pro shooting. Yes, the 3mm co-ax PC socket can be a source of problems, but 97% of the time it works well enough. It's never been so bad I felt the need to replace it with an IR or other wireless link, at least, not for indoor shooting.

I used to use the standard PC socket to fire my studio strobes. Then I went to the light sensitive triggers, but they have problems in high ambient light. Eventually I went with RF and couldn't be happier

I love NOT being tethered to my strobes. It was always an irritation having that snyc cord trailing away from my camera, and I was always worried about tripping over it and damaging some of my equipment.

That said, I also never really had any issues using the PC socket.

Yep, lots of trip wires there. It's much easier to use radio triggers.

Not all trip-ups involve the feet, Leonard.

For an example, this is the kind of trouble plain old sync leads don't give you, not even on a bad day. I observe that the Lighting Forum is weighed down by wireless synching problems like this....

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50857503

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Baz
"Ahh... But the thing is, these guys were no ORDINARY time travellers!"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow