Forum ProPosts: 10,088Gear list
Like?
Re: Las Vegas shooting.
In reply to Slider44, Feb 25, 2013

Slider44 wrote:

Mentor_1 wrote:

Slider44 wrote:

This is what bothers me the most.

Last week, and young black rapper was murdered and his car hit a cab, which then burst into flames killing both occupants of the cab. Three dead.

They have now named a suspect in this murder. Here is the story.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/23/us/nevada-las-vegas-deaths/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

I want to know just one thing, and see if others agree with me on this. Read the first couple of paragraphs of the article. Here is my question.

Why is this man on the streets if he has a "extensive criminal history with violence"???

This is what must stop in this country. It is not JUST the gun violence, it is our court system in putting these type of people back out on the streets.

When are we going to wake up?

-- hide signature --

Slider44

Their prisons are already over crowded so the courts give them time served.

Prisons are over crowded pretty much everywhere in this country. Not surprising.

What we need to do is to create a sort of Guantanamo style prison in each state where the criminals are housed in secure fenced areas, and forced to live in the same type of conditions they do in Guantanmo Bay. We don't need to build multi-million dollar jails for them, build housing that they will not want to live in, that discourages crime instead of offering them housing, heat, water, TV, internet, food, playgrounds, weight equipment, etc, etc, etc. Create a complex to put these people in that will make them NEVER want to go back. Maybe then, they will realize the world is a much better place than what jail offers them.

But as it is now, they get three great meals a day, a warm room and bed, and TV to watch all day long. Hell, I may be willing to do that someday. Some are even committing crimes to GET BACK TO JAIL because they enjoy it better than the outside world.

-- hide signature --

Mentor
May the light be with you
Stop global whining
Stupid should hurt
Keep your business in town to keep your town in business

-- hide signature --

Slider44

Slider, you paint a false picture of luxury resorts. For my part, I would be happy if the times of medieval torture prisons were over. Rudolf Hess had "comfortable conditions" and yet his lifelong imprisonment was a torture in itself. You, from the "land of the free" pretend to prefer the "comfort of a prison" to the hard life in freedom? This fosters my suspicion that Americans, who pretend to be so proud of their freedom, are in reality slave natures. This also shows up when it comes to working. Ridiculous two weeks per annum holidays are quite common and nobody complains!

RobertSigmund's gear list:RobertSigmund's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow