Good Hand Strap for NEX

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,801Gear list
Like?
Re: Good Hand Strap for NEX
In reply to Riquez, Feb 25, 2013

Riquez wrote:

Just wondering if anyone has advice on what hand strap to get?

I looked at the Sony STP-HS1AM - but it seems that accessing the SD card or battery might be a problem as a plate screws onto the tripod mount.

I got something similar to that for my DSLR; I don't think I considered trying that for my Nex.  A larger, heavier camera like a DSLR is better with something like this than a small strap, but I figure for my Nex, I can use something smaller.

And the neck strap that comes with the Nex is not too bad.  It folds up fairly compactly when necessary.

Is that always the case for a hand strap? I would really prefer one that didnt mean I have to constantly unscrew it to access SD card.

I bought a cheap hand strap off of fleaBay and attach it to the side loop of my Nex-5.  No big deal.  Seems to be OK, it at least seems more comfortable than something like paracord.  It's leather, and has a lot of "give" in it, so I imagine it's not too strong, but so far so good.  I don't want a typical P&S hand strap because the cord to tie it off at the camera is way too tiny.  So, I'm taking a chance on the leather strap.

Sometimes I prefer to hang the camera around my neck for convenience, but the hand strap gives it a P&S feel and makes it a bit easier to stuff into a pocket.

I also have a slightly-larger neckstrap that I could use, which might be more comfortable, but it would be even more bulky when stowing the camera away.  I'm trying the wrist-strap as it's comfortable and easier to store (say, in a pocket).  I got the Nex for the small size, so I might as well use it for that.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow