wifi extenders (UK) do they work well?

Started Feb 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
mike in london
Senior MemberPosts: 1,353Gear list
Like?
Re: Changed the channel already?
In reply to TonyGamble, Feb 25, 2013

To be more specific I have a Virgin Media Superhub (with a sonos bridge connected to it) that is trying to connect to my Sonos Play 5 speaker via the Sonos controller app on my iphone

The router isnt a great one anyway according to popular opinion and is on the first floor front of the house and the room the speaker is in is on the ground floor at the back of the house

There is only effectively one wooden floor and one plasterboard wall between them so its not great performance

I will try changing the channel first but an extender might provide better performance as there are so many wifi signals near me

the only thing stopping from using the homeplug/ethernet cable option is that there is no wall socket free near the router as the pc etc are run from a 4 way socket extention

Mike

-- hide signature --

www.mikecurryphotography.com

mike in london's gear list:mike in london's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Epson Stylus Pro 3880 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow