7100 taking d300s flagship status, NO say Nikon Europe.

Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Not exactly the response I had from Nikon..its so obvious that a D400 is coming
In reply to rhlpetrus, Feb 25, 2013

rhlpetrus wrote:

Andy Evans wrote:

Before I saw your thread I already asked as well.

I got my response this morning and it's not exactly what you got.... Very cryptic!

My response and my original question are below.
Andy

Dear Andrew ,

Thank you for your email.

Nikon cameras are rarely direct replacements however they can in some cases be considered to supercede some older models. The D7100 is still considered a consumer level camera so it would not be accurate to describe it as a direct replacement for the D300S which is in the professional range.

Should you require further assistance please do not hesitate to reply to this email.

Kind Regards,

John Murphy
Nikon Europe Support
www.europe-nikon.com/support

Andrew Evans 21/02/2013 | 07:23 PM

Hello,

I have noted the D7100 announcement and as a D300s owner looking at his future options, can you confirm whether the D7100 is the official replacement for the D300s please?

Thank you.

Andy Evans

Somehow these people are being quite explicit. I'd take the opp and reply saying that "I will wait for the D300s replacement then", and I think every D300/D300s' owner in the same situation should write Nikon, in particular Nikon Europe.

It's pretty clear Nikon does not consider the D7100 either a replacement of the D300s or a merger of D7000 and D300s lines. So it's possible, but not certain, that there will be a D400. If Nikon see more and more people interested, they may go the way of bringing it sooner, not waiting for next Canon's move.

-- hide signature --

Renato. http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhlpedrosa/ OnExposure member http://www.onexposure.net/ Good shooting and good luck (after Ed Murrow)

Agreed, that email is another confirmation. It is so obvious one is on the way.

-- hide signature --

.....Just from an amateur......''Sometimes it's to your advantage for people to think you're crazy.” I am only a hoobyist, I cannot and do not give expert advice, dont expect it, just take it as a suggestion to think about, but only if you wish to. We should try to not wait for life to happen, while it passes us by.

Bajerunner's gear list:Bajerunner's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow