For those who have FF DSLR AND m43 and love street photography

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
greg57
Regular MemberPosts: 324Gear list
Like?
Re: For those who have FF DSLR AND m43 and love street photography
In reply to flashdiet, Feb 25, 2013

I have both the E-M5 and the Pentax K-5 which, while not a full frame, is definitely bulkier than the E-M5.

I've been able to use the K-5 for street candids thanks to wide - super-wide angle lenses but I doubt you could easily get away with a smile while pointing it at people with a normal lense. I know that here in Istanbul it's no way. My shooting style implies holding the prefocused camera at arm's length and casually raise it at people's faces. Did this with both my m43 and my Pentax gear, but for the Pentax I was using the 15mm limited f/4 (equ. to 22mm) and I was beginning to have cramps towards the end of the sessions.

Your call, for sure. Had you mentionned studio or landscape photography, why not, but a heavy full frame for street photography sounds quite counter-intuitive and unpractical to me. And you know, after the first joys of novelty, there are chance you will regret your investment.

-- hide signature --

Gregory Dziedzic
istanbulcandids.com

greg57's gear list:greg57's gear list
Pentax K-5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow