Please help suggest studio strobes for me

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sailor Blue
Senior MemberPosts: 6,324Gear list
Like?
Re: From the OP
In reply to KENTGA, Feb 25, 2013

KENTGA wrote:

Thanks for all of the responses. It seems like PBC and Alien Bees gets the nod from the replies. I'm 71 years old and, as I said, they won't be used that much. I wouldn't spend the extra money for Einstiens. I'm surprised that nobody mentioned B&H (Impact) or Adorama's brand.

To reply to a couple af threads, I live in metro ATL and KEH is here and the home office for Interfit is about 15 miles from where I live. I've read mixed reviews about Interfit, but they're less expensive than PCB. Guess I'll have to ponder my choice.

Thanks again,

Kent

I no longer give Impact from B&H a recommendation because of the limited power control range. I consider a power range 5 stops to be the minimum I would buy.  The 300 Ws Flashpoint digital studio strobe offers 5 stops and is less expensive than the 300 Ws digital 4 stop strobe.

Impact Digital Monolight 300W/s (120VAC) VSD-300 B&H Photo Video

Adorama Flashpoint DG600 300 w/s Monolight, Blue FP600DG

Interfit gets some good reviews so you might want to look at them since they are so close to you.  The 300 Ws digital Interfit strobe does offer 5 stops of adjustment.

Interfit Stellar X Monolight - 300 Watt/Seconds (120VAC) INT421

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Bangkok, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Canon EOS 7D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow