Started Feb 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
pavi1
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,225Gear list
Like?
Re: Buffer vs write speed a 30 second test
In reply to jfriend00, Feb 25, 2013

jfriend00 wrote:

Stusteelhead wrote:

I think you are missing my point a bit, sports and wildlife definitely have similar but different needs that I understand. My point is a big buffer 25 plus shots and fast write speed allow you to shoot a lot of bursts over a short amount of time. no i don't just hold the trigger down for 30 seconds but what often happens is that a subject will fly in for only 30 seconds or less so the most shots I can get over that sort of time span is very important to me. The fact that the D300 is able to move that much data in 30 seconds means you rarely have to wait on the buffer, and therefore hopefully don't miss the shot. In sports you will often shoot longer bursts nearly filling the buffer over an action sequence, and need it to empty for the next, I get that, but speed is speed so I feel this test is important to both of us in that its representative of a cameras ability in moving data, like i said i would be curious to see how a D7000 does and the new D7100 with a fast card.

We can agree to disagree then. I'm interested in a different characteristic than you are.

Perhaps you could share your numbers with us.

-- hide signature --

Everything happens for a reason. #1 reason: poor planning
WSSA #44

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow