Epson 7900 - 9900 Printhead Yellow Or Light Light Black Clogs - Any used/refurb heads forsale?

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jfish
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Epson 7900 - 9900 Printhead Yellow Or Light Light Black Clogs - Any used/refurb heads forsale?
Feb 25, 2013

I have 2 7900s and 1 9900 the first 7900 had a partial clog on LLK and after tons of attempts and flush with cleaning carts and cleaning solutions no luck.

It seems it almost always the Yellow or Light Light black channel that goes bad and those 2 channels are corresponding to each other in the capping station.

***Does anyone have a working used printhead or maybe a printhead with photo or matte black just clogged or one with just LLK clogged? If so how much could I buy it for?***

Please message or email me with the condition of the head and how much. ***Note I do have an almost brand new Epson 4000/7600/9600 printhead which has only 51 prints on it then my 4000 had a problem with the inks reading and the readers ended up being broken from a refillable cart so I pulled the head and have had the printer for parts eversince and the printhead. I would offer this in exchange for a used or new 7900/9900 printhead pending on condition and cash. ****

I wish I never tried to fix my clogged Light Light Black as It ended up costing me an entirely good printhead as every other nozzle was perfect just the Light Light black was partially clogged. I have dealt with dozens if not more then a hundred clogs from the start of my epsons so I know the routine to get them fixed if they are a fixable clog as some of them simply are just past the point of unclogging.
I then soaked a small piece of paper towel on the capping station and let the head soak for a couple days.
Not any improvement then after several cleans the head got worse and now barely anything prints at all.

Here's the rest of my response to the 4900 guys post and problems:

I think something internally goes wrong with added pressure and I mean very little pressure against he head causes it to not fire anymore. As when running cleaning solution it flushes through just fine so that makes me know that its not badly clogged as if it were the solution wouldn't flush so fast and easily.
My 9900 is having the Yellow do the same thing only prints about 3-5 of the lines of the nozzle check. I have done the same process and same results. I can see on the capping station and spit pad theres clearly yellow ink and what looks to be the entire line from top to bottom actually which makes me think something really odd is going on either the electronics or firing process etc. I know its not clogged as the flow is just a good as all the other non clogged channels when I flush with cleaning solution as you can literally watch the yellow ink flow through and fade to the clear cleaning solution and back to yellow when I put the yellow ink back in and remove the cleaning carts.
I also took the head out of the 7900 and had cleaned it and checked the nozzles and nipples where the damper attaches to the printhead those were clean and I cleaned them out just to be safe. The printhead I cleaned and flushed.
I personally think its an internal issue or a slight uneven pressure up against the face of the nozzle plate which causes complete failure of the nozzles touched or something of that matter. I stopped trying after going through another entire set of 110s and a full set of misc sizes 150s/350s/700s
Does anyone have a working used printhead or maybe a printhead with photo or matte black just clogged or one with just LLK clogged? If so how much could I buy it for?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow