D300s vs D7100 - is it about spec or is it about handling?

Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
MMuddler
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,388
Like?
Re: D300s vs D7100 - is it about spec or is it about handling?
In reply to soukous, Feb 25, 2013

soukous, this isn't directed at you but meant broadly for lots of participants on recent D400 threads

People who upgrade for the sake of enjoying the best  and latest gear are okay with me. I hope they can expand their photo experience, but I can accept the joy of sexy equipment ownership as good enough reason to indulge.

People who upgrade to be associated with the best and latest and to impress friends with carrying an advanced piece of gear....  are okay with me. Just let me play with your toys too.

People who know what is holding them back in their current camera system and want to solve the problem by searching for better technique are pretty determined folk. Just share those ideas and help me understand how you make it work.

And there are people who know what performance features are holding them back in their current camera system and they want to solve the problem by buying an upgrade. These are really good folks too and the type I like to chat with on dpreview.

But I'm getting very tired of people who ridicule others for their desires for new gear, or dismiss what others express as their need for performance. If you have a solution to offer, give it, but don't tell someone that what is good enough for you should be good enough for them.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow