From Woodloch, CC appreciated!

Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
capturef22
Senior MemberPosts: 2,261
Like?
Re: From Woodloch, CC appreciated!
In reply to Ethang, Feb 25, 2013

I don't mean to be harsh, but my CC is that there is not enough of interest in most of these images to hold my attention. I think snow scenes are tough this way, at least I find them to be. I find it challenging to make a vast space of white interesting (and unique). For me, that requires some elements that add that interest. It could be lines, texture, juxtaposition of related elements, etc.

However, in your images, even though the sky is interesting (but lots of blown highlights that pull my eyes toward it) and there's a nice reflection in the water, the composition is "off" to me. The first image has an inkling of a story, with the lone kid (?) with a hockey stick, but most of that story is obscured by the piled up snow in the lower right. I like the exposure better on the last one, but it still doesn't hold my interest. (I had to chuckle 'cuz I took one quite like it a couple weeks ago. I do understand the temptation!) The ice formation image (or part of it) could be a little intriguing, but it's too dark for my taste.

I hope at least some of this is helpful, but it's only my opinion. If you like these, they work.

Thanks for posting.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow