New to Printing - What is the best 100% Cotton Paper for printing Color Landscape Photos

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
krismeaney
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
New to Printing - What is the best 100% Cotton Paper for printing Color Landscape Photos
Feb 25, 2013

Hi I am totally new to printing, and I have a bunch of photos I want to print, but I have my first customer who wants a particular image printed (http://www.flickr.com/photos/11177427@N04/8371902685/in/photostream). It is a color landscape shot of the pacific ocean with a rocky foreground and city and hills in the distance.

I have been recommended to print landscape photos with 100% cotton paper, and would like to ask for suggestions as to what paper I should use. I do not have a printer of my own so I will be going to a third party printing company somewhere here in Seattle to have the printing done. I may need to order the paper and bring it in, if they do not have it.

I have done a little bit of research and found Epson cold press natural paper to be one possibility.

Also I am considering doing Canvas prints, maybe a canvas print for this first sold image of mine. However, the prices that I have researched for Canvas paper seem pretty high, and I am not sure if the buyer is willing to pay the steep cost. However, any advise to printing on canvas would be greatly appreciated. Again, with Canvas I was recommended Epson exhibition fiber canvas.... but I really do not know anything about this whole process- as far as where to go to get canvas prints, or if I would be better suited to ordering them from over the internet. Any advice greatly appreciated!

Any suggestions would be VERY appreciated, please give me your opinions and details! Thank you so much!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow