Nikon P7700 Owners....If You Were To Choose All Over Again...Would You Still Choose The

Started Feb 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Steinhansel
Regular MemberPosts: 241Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon P7700 Owners....If You Were To Choose All Over Again...Would You Still Choose The
In reply to jimr, Feb 25, 2013

Yes, I would buy it again, no buyer's remorse here.

I have had the camera since the end of November and where I live, the sun has come out about one out of five days this winter. As a result, outdoor shooting has been limited to testing out of the window.  I have been very pleased so far.  The camera is very versatile and provides good quality shots except when set at ISO 400 or greater in poor light.  In challenging conditions, AF may be imprecise.  You learn to deal with adversity.

It has some interesting and useful features, an electronic level, Commander mode, time-lapse, HDR in RAW, Built-in ND filter and an articulating viewing screen.  I don't think I will miss not having an optical viewfinder, most of the competing cameras that I have seen that have OVF are inadequate.

I bought the P7700 to be an easy-to-carry-around supplement to my D5100 (and it's successor). It feels substantial in my hand and all of the controls are thoughtfully placed.

I'm sure it has capabilities that exceed my ability.

Steinhansel's gear list:Steinhansel's gear list
Nikon D5100 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow