Anyone doing extreme macro magnification?

Started Feb 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
gardenersassistant
Contributing MemberPosts: 715
Like?
Re: Anyone doing extreme macro magnification?
In reply to DanCar, Feb 24, 2013

DanCar wrote:

nzmacro wrote:

DanCar wrote:

Anyone doing extreme macro magnification? I'm wondering what equipment you are using.

http://nvpcweb.org/mpgs/Ext_Macro.ppt

Thanks,

Daniel

Can't open that link Dan. What do you mean by..... extreme macro ?? 1:1, 3:1, 5:1, higher, with stacking, without stacking ??

All the best.

Danny.

Thanks for the reply. I'm a newb to macro photography, but I do like the idea of magnification. Macro pics I've seen are typically best 1:1. I'm wondering what it would take to do 2:1, 3:1, etc...

I use achromats (close-up lenses) on a 45-175 lens on a G3. With the Raynox 150 I can go to approximately 1:1. with the Raynox 250 I can go to approximately 1.5:1. With the Raynox 150 and 250 stacked I can go to approximately 2:1. With the Raynox MSN-202 I can go to approximately 4:1.

This diagram shows how, when using these achromats on the 45-175 lens, the scene width varies with focal length.

I don't use the MSN-202 a great deal, so far just for some springtails and some small fruit flies, and a very few other rather small subjects. I don't often need more magnification than the Raynox 250 provides, and I use the Raynox 150 more than I use the 250. So I'm probably not a good example for the sort of pictures you may be interested in.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow