Terada: New 4/3's body (bodies?) in the pipline for 2013

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
A Riley
Forum MemberPosts: 65Gear list
Like?
Here's the niche for DSLRs
In reply to Craig from Nevada, Feb 24, 2013

I'm an editor for a nonprofit and I need photos all the time. Volunteers send in photos for the newsletter and we just can't use them -- because they're low-res shots from smartphones. They might be nicely composed, but they're not high enough IQ to reproduce well in print. Facebook or web, maybe, but not print.

That's where the niche for DSLRs still is: Print-quality photos for glossy magazines and newsletters, not snapshots for the internet or for facebook.

I'm sure before long smartphones will be able to do it all and then my worries will be over. In the meantime, I wish I could put a DSLR or MILC in the hands of every single volunteer. Then maybe I'd get plenty usable photos for the newsletter, and I could put out one, just one, issue with all high-quality images. Sigh. . .

A Riley's gear list:A Riley's gear list
Olympus E-620 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow