D600 with D7100 as Back up

Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
vbuhay
Contributing MemberPosts: 579Gear list
Like?
Re: Addendum Re: I can't see a single con
In reply to rhlpetrus, Feb 24, 2013

rhlptrus,

At that time, it was the best deal I could not say no to. I got the D600+ the 24-85+ Oben monopod + 32Gb Sandisk + a LowerPro bag all for $1996.00 shipped. Now how can you beat that? I also bought the 24-70 2.8 with a UV + CP filters for only $1698 or so...It was the deal.  I have since traded the 24-85 with a used 80-200 + $$$, all I need now is the 14-24. I have located one here iin the LA area for $1500 and its in pretty good condition - Is that a good deal you think? I am in no hurry for that one since I intend to go on a reshoot trip to Yosemite, and maybe Arches/Antelope Valley, Grand Canyon Area in early summer??

As far as the D800 or 800e, the 36MP files just intimidates me. Getting that camera would mean a new computer which maybe inevitable in the near future. It seems to me that I will not need Mega Output size in the future, plus required technique is really exacting. Regarding the AF of the D600, well it is definitely better than that of my K5 but I find it sometimes to be somewhat tentative not very often - it could be me though, I have only had it for about 3 months. Nikon is currently cleaning it for me, I should get it next back week, its nice that I am driving distance from their service center here in LA...

I almost made it down to Brazil last year - Recife, but my trip fell through. Brazil is on my list of of places I want to visit one of these days.

Thanks

vbuhay's gear list:vbuhay's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Nikon D800E Nikon D7100 +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow