MAC
MAC
Forum ProPosts: 12,268Gear list
Like?
Re: Right answers, wrong question
In reply to Lee Jay, Feb 24, 2013

ljfinger wrote:

bruxi wrote:

Yes - totally agree. Looking to break out of the ISO performance of my T1i, but it's less about crop vs. FF, and more about what leaps in ISO improvement mean - regardless of format.

But you involved the format, like it or not, in your question. The "ISO performance" is better on FF because of the format, not because of better sensors. And then there are so many other variables. You cannot ignore the format.

And by "only" 1 1/3 stops - about the same as f/2.8 versus f/4!

my 60d is only 1/2 stop behind in noise from my 5dc at iso 3200

my 5dc is only 1/2 stop behind a 5d2 at iso 3200

The 5d2 is only 1/2 stop behind the 5d3 at iso 3200

These iterations are not that big.  It is remarkable to me that my 60d does so well.

The T1i is a stop worse than my 60d.

Therefore, the T1i is 2 1/2 stops worse than a 5d3/6d.  Some serious gain could be made in low light, high iso performance could be made if the Op bought 6d.

But good gain could be made with a 60d or T4i as well.

That is why I sold my 40d and 30d.  The feature sets and high iso noise performance combined of the 60d and T4i are worth the $600 over the older tech.

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow