Forum ProPosts: 10,612
Like?
Re: EOS 6D optical viewfinder vs. Rebel T2i
In reply to RedFox88, Feb 24, 2013

RedFox88 wrote:

Steve Balcombe wrote:

RedFox88 wrote:

Crono_DL wrote:

The 6D viewfinder is not smaller than the one on the T2i. The magnification might be less, but the size of the sensor is much bigger, so that's the difference.\

Not correct at all. See my reply to the OP.

It is correct - the magnification of the 6D viewfinder is less. However you are applying that lower magnification to a much larger frame, and the end result is both bigger and brighter. The numbers are in my previous reply.

Again, no. What camera makers are doing is using a 50mm lens on aps-c and 35mm dSLRs instead of using a 50mm FOV. If you back off and use 31mm on aps-c (to get a 50mm FOV) you'd see the magnification of the viewfinder back down to to about 0.6x instead of 0.87x.

Just stop beating the same drum for a minute and think about what you are saying. What you are describing is using the lens to change the magnification. The magnification of the 6D's viewfinder is less - why else do you think full frame viewfinders are invariably brighter than crop camera viewfinders - even the best pentaprism viewfinders like the 7D?

Also read my first post in which I talk about crop factor - I do understand the relevance of it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow