a99 vs. mklll

Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Martin Muehlemann
Contributing MemberPosts: 954Gear list
Like?
Re: a99 vs. mklll
In reply to Shield3, Feb 24, 2013

Shawn,

If you focus, the full viewfinder will illuminate red, not the single AF point. In the 6D or in the 5D2 this is different, as with Nikon, the AF point once focused will stay red. On the 5D3 it turns grey. In dark environments this is not very contrasty.

Undoubtful, the 5D3 is a very capable camera. I was soaked at the airshow, 70-200L II IS USM and the 5D3 in pouring rain for 10min. I had drips under the upper LCD. As fo the sealing, the Olympus E-System wins bigtime!

The 41 Cross, this has to be mentioned, are lens dependent. Not all lenses will allow all of them. But lets say it this way, AF-D of Sony will not support all lenses either.

If the 6D would have had 1/8000 and x-sync of 1/250 then i'ld probably would stick onto that with a 24-70L F4 IS USM.

I owned 4 24-105L and none of them was sharp wide open. At F4 my boudoir shooting was partially screwed. Lucky that I had my 70-200L II with my. This lens is really a gem. Paired with the 24-70 II the gear was really perfect.

I got my A99 for 2000, then I added 1400 for my 24-70Z and I got my 70-200G for another 1500, all new with 3 years of warranty. That is 2000 less than I payed for my 5D3 kit.

Yes, if you shoot video, the IQ of the 5D3 is superior. But it lacks of AF. It full manual control.

And the other lame story about the 5D3, it has no UHS-1 support. The SD Card slot is limited to 25 MB/sec. There is no firmware which will fix this. So you need to stick into the expensive CF cards. The 6D and the A99 have UHS-1 support for a 95 MB/sec SD card

The 5D3 lacks of GPS which is not very convenient. I like to tag the photos so you need to add another 280 bucks for the GPS unit which then has the hot shoe blocked and it cannot be used for flash. Bad for my wedding work.

Yes, the Canon has some features which are superior but the considering the price and the package you get, the A99 is more value.

Cheers

Martin

-- hide signature --

Sony A99 | Sony 24-70Z | Sony 70-200G SSM | SAL-14TC | HVL-f60M
http://www.muehlemann-pix.ch
http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/mypics/1125341

Martin Muehlemann's gear list:Martin Muehlemann's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha 7S Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow