Forum ProPosts: 43,627Gear list
Like?
Re: While I dislike
In reply to Tom_N, Feb 24, 2013

Tom_N wrote:

Chato wrote:

Tom_N wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

I hope USA is ready this time unlike in Benghazi, It is hilarious that NK can detonate a nuclear bomb but whined about the joint military exercise between US and SK.

"North Korea on Sunday warned the top U.S. military commander stationed in South Korea that his forces would "meet a miserable destruction" if they go ahead with scheduled military drills with South Korean troops, North Korean state media said."

That follows the North Korean diplomat's statement of a few days earlier:

Reuters - North Korea threatens South with "final destruction"

This was at the UN Disarmament Conference meeting. The same guy described North Korea's recent nuclear test as "maximum self-restraint" (!!!), so maybe he's just trying to see if he can fill the comedy void left by the departure of Saddam's Information Minister.

being in the position of defending in any way the crazed lunatic government of North Korea, this little sentence from your link, sort of makes me wonder, who is threateneing who?

As for the "quotes" from the Princess, they are mere heresay.

Just because the North Koreans didn't call YOU and deliver the message to YOU? By that standard, so is everything that you didn't personally witness, including everything from every news channel be it MS-NBC, CNN, or PBS.

The North Koreans, and you may have noticed this, are not shy. If they made such a threat over the telephone, I would call it odd, that they made no such statement publicly. Instead you are asking me to take this conversation ‚Äčon faith.

In this case, I think I'll take the word of a U. S. general about a communication he received from North Korea over the word of someone who seeks to defend the "crazed lunatic" totalitarian North Korean regime. (Gee, I wonder why a North Korean regime that openly talks of "final destruction" of South Korea might privately speak of "miserable destruction" of U. S. forces stationed there for the purpose of deterring invasions and other major attacks?)

If I believed every word ever said by an American General, I would believe in MANY batsht crazy things.

So, tell me why this conversation wasn't taped? In fact it MUST have been taped, yet we are being asked to take his word for it.

Then again, as we both know, these threats of "destruction" are largely a bluff, one that the North uses for domestic propaganda purposes, and to try to bully others into giving it more concessions. The real destruction is what North Korea carries out on its own people with malnutrition/starvation, throwing several generations of families into gulags, etc.

North Korea is the epitomy of a Police State. It's so far off the charts, that to call is "Communist," or "Fascist" is totally inaccurate. They are lunatics who seek only to serve a very small elite. The leadership, doesn't even pay lip service to anything remotely "humanitarian."

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow