Started Feb 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ramonn
Forum MemberPosts: 87
Like?
How Are Filters Packaged and Shipped?
Feb 24, 2013

Can anyone comment on how B and H usually packs their UV filters for shipping?

It's a long story. . I ordered a UV filter from B and H. Computer tracking says my post office delivered it Friday. When I got home Friday no package was found at my door or in the mailbox. I talked to the post office about not finding the parcel, and, as I expected,  they claim no liability.  I'm thinking that if the filter was packaged in a box it would not have fit in the mailbox and would have been left at my door.  To get to my front door you must walk or drive up a steep driveway, which results in my front door not being visible from street level. It's hard for me to believe someone would have been aware of a package being left there. If the filter was packaged in a protective bubble type flat envelop I could see where the mailman may have left it in the mailbox, or should I say PARTIALLY in the mail box and PARTIALLY sticking out of the mailbox. In our development we have " drive by " mailcarriers who do not usually leave their mail trucks to deliver mail. Often items such as magazines and other large flats are only partially placed in the mailbox due to size.  If partially exposed from my mailbox it would have been so easy for someone to lift it. Thus the importance of how it was packaged. In the latter scenario I would argue that the post office is liable. There is also the rare possibility that although computer tracking says it was delivered, it never really was.

I will call B and H on Monday and discuss with them regarding the packaging. I am hoping that their policy is to insure shipped merchandise. If I am really lucky maybe they will just send another since I went all in and bought a 5D Mark III with kit lens from them about 6 weeks ago.

I know that in the order of really important things this ranks real low but I was so looking forward to receving the filter. I will request signature guarantee on all future shipments.

Thanks for reading.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow