Started Feb 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeFromMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849
Like?
Newbie Android user has some questions
Feb 24, 2013

I just upgraded my iPhone 4S for a new Samsung Note II. I am still not sure that the Note II was the right phone as I almost bought the Galaxy S III, but that is not what this post is about. As a new Android user coming from the iPhone I don't know if there is an easy way to do a ton of stuff.

1) Is there some easy way to copy the contacts from my iPhone to the Samsung? I would prefer to not have to enter each one by hand again,

2) Same question about passwords. I have been using Callpod Keeper (although I will be changing to something else. Keeper's cost, at $10/device per year, just seems like too much) and Password Safe. Is there good password management software for the phone that allows sync between it and a Windows computer? I don't mind paying to buy the software but I don't much want to pay each year.

3) Is there any way for me to transfer my iPhone Notes information to an Android phone? I have quite a bit of information stored in my iPhone Notes app and would rather not have to recopy it all by hand.

4) In case I have to enter the information again is there a way to use an external keyboard to enter the information?

5) On the iPhone I know how to shut down apps to save battery life. I have not found a way to do that on the Samsung. Anybody know how to do that on the Android phone? Or is there some app I have to install?

6) I know I should read the manual but what, exactly, is that blinking blue light on the top of the phone. I assume it is normal but, short of reading the manual, I have no idea exactly what it is supposed to mean.

Any information would be helpful. And thank you in advance.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow