Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
allena
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Nikon tele-zooms - 80-200/70-200 - again
Feb 24, 2013

I have read and read about the pro/cons of this wonderful Nikon series. Tomorrow is the day I have to part with money in time for the new F1 season.

I have found an excellent, unmarked 80-200 f2.8 AFS, boxed - 7500RMB (here in Shanghai).

There is also the same 80-200 f2.8 AFD new and available in Asia - 7000RMB.

The new 70-200 f4 for 9300RMB.

Or, the 70-200 f2.8 VRII - 13000RMB new.

I have discounted the f4 - it feels like a plastic toy for the money and I have little confidence in its robustness. Founded or not, I would worry.

The AFD has been knocked off the shortlist by the unmarked AFS.

So, this leaves the AFS and the VRII. I know the differences and arguments but have one simple question; what exposure settings do users find works with and without a monopod for the AFS? I tried in the store and could not hold the thing still enough at 200mm. It was fine at 1/500 or faster. Please consider I will be using it inside and out for sports and less active subjects.

Remember, tomorrow is d-day. I look forward to much argument and banter before I part with the cash.

PS: I use both a D90 and D600.

A.

Nikon D600 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow