Started Feb 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
allena
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Nikon tele-zooms - 80-200/70-200 - again
Feb 24, 2013

I have read and read about the pro/cons of this wonderful Nikon series. Tomorrow is the day I have to part with money in time for the new F1 season.

I have found an excellent, unmarked 80-200 f2.8 AFS, boxed - 7500RMB (here in Shanghai).

There is also the same 80-200 f2.8 AFD new and available in Asia - 7000RMB.

The new 70-200 f4 for 9300RMB.

Or, the 70-200 f2.8 VRII - 13000RMB new.

I have discounted the f4 - it feels like a plastic toy for the money and I have little confidence in its robustness. Founded or not, I would worry.

The AFD has been knocked off the shortlist by the unmarked AFS.

So, this leaves the AFS and the VRII. I know the differences and arguments but have one simple question; what exposure settings do users find works with and without a monopod for the AFS? I tried in the store and could not hold the thing still enough at 200mm. It was fine at 1/500 or faster. Please consider I will be using it inside and out for sports and less active subjects.

Remember, tomorrow is d-day. I look forward to much argument and banter before I part with the cash.

PS: I use both a D90 and D600.

A.

Nikon D600 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow