Black body a must for your X100s purchase decision?

Started Feb 23, 2013 | Questions thread
ljclark
Senior MemberPosts: 2,291Gear list
Like?
Re: Black body a must for your X100s purchase decision?
In reply to thegraduate, Feb 24, 2013

thegraduate wrote:

I am just curious if I am alone when I say I will not purchase the new X100s unless it is available in black, and soon... As much as I (really) like the specs of the new X100s, I would prefer the more contemporary and subtle appearance of a black version... similar to the LE X100.

Maybe not "alone", but maybe in the minority.

Silver for me.

That said, every other camera I have (X10, D300 (2 ea.), FM2n, M9, M6, GXR, Horizon, Minox GT-E) -- except for one Pansonic P&S -- is black.

But there is something about my X100 (and the X100s that is on order from my local camera store) that I prefer in silver.  Some people don't even recognize it as a digital.  It is kinda retro and non-intimidating. (Maybe Fuji is more strategic in their marketing than we give them credit.)  The X20 on order is black.

And contemporary?  I got my first black body Nikon FTn in 1973.

But heck.  This is about aesthetics and I'm not sure I could come up with either a "right" or a "wrong" answer. 

ljclark's gear list:ljclark's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X30 Nikon D300 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +36 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow