Started Feb 24, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mdegrood
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Epson R3000 Weird Problem
Feb 24, 2013

I received my Epson R3000 Friday from B&H Photo.  I set it up and installed the software on my MacBook Pro.  Ran a few simple tests on a 4x6 RedRiver Polar Matte paper through Photoshop CS5 and it printed great.  On Saturday I went to print an 8x10 on 8.5x11 paper through PS and discovered that it would not orient correctly ... I was printing a landscape orientation with it chosen in the printer settings yet it printed only the center portion of the image across the middle of the paper as if I had not selected the landscape orientation.  The only way I could get it to print correctly was to rotate the image in PS to portrait and select portrait orientation in the printer settings.  Ok so I could probably live with this expect that when I went to do some more 4x6 printing a new more serious problem came up.  It will only print a portion of the image on tail end of the 4x6.  In looking through the slit where the paper comes out I can see that it's shooting the 4x6 almost all the way to the end of the paper before it starts printing so I'm getting about 1 inch of a printed image.  I'm an experienced printer and have been printing through Photoshop for over 15 years and I've never encountered a problem like this.  It's as if it doesn't get the paper size data correctly.  I even tried my iMac to make sure it wasn't my MacBook.  I also tried using the USB cable instead of wireless.  I tried different papers, I tried creating a custom paper size in settings instead of using a preset, I tried reinstalling the software ... nothing works.  By the fact that it won't orient correctly with 8.5x11 paper I realize there is something very wrong but the thought of repacking this up and returning it makes me hope that there's some other way to fix this.  I've tried googling my problem but I'm starting to think I'm the first to encounter this ... so here I am ... hoping someone has a clue as to what I might be able to do to get this working correctly.  I used to be a regular but when I dumped my .mac account I lost my login and password so I've just been a lurker and not a contributor until now ... had to get a new account.  Anyway ... thanks for reading all this and I'll hope for some help or at least some sympathy.

Thanks!

Marlene DeGrood

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow