Nikon's View NX suddenly stopped working...

Started Feb 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HEA-45
Regular MemberPosts: 242Gear list
Like?
Nikon's View NX suddenly stopped working...
Feb 24, 2013

I have an old Windows PC with Nikon's View NX software installed (the free version that came with my D300S.) For 3 years this combination has worked flawlessly, albeit slowly, for viewing and editing RAW files. This morning I tried to use the software and received an immediate error message (the software failed just trying to view a file (RAW or JPG) let alone edit a file.) This has never happened before. There have been no changes whatsoever to the PC since the last session (that is no hardware or software changes, installation, no internet downloads, etc.) Does anyone have any advice?

Attempts to correct:

Removed the directory that ViewNX accesses upon startup, uninstalled ViewNX, cleaned up the computer (the Windows app), reinstalled ViewNX, checked available disk space, verified that other programs ran fine

PC specs (yes, it's time to laugh)

Windows 2002 XP SP2, Pentium 4 (3 Ghz) processor, 1 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD with 45 GB free, NTFS file system, NO internet connection

HEA-45's gear list:HEA-45's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +11 more
Nikon D300S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow