Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
zaurus
Regular MemberPosts: 252
Re: 45mm 1.8 + OMD EM5 Fantastic results
In reply to jalywol, Feb 24, 2013

jalywol wrote:

zaurus wrote:

Keeping in mind subject and occasion -- which one of those could you have not taken with a legacy manual focus 50/1.4 lens?

Which cost $50-60 used as opposed to the "cheap" $400 lens you use?

Sorry, but this is just stupid.

Stupid?

Yes. Stupid.

If you want AF?

None of the photos shown requires AF, in fact manual focus is better suited.

And a small lens that is sharp wide open with no halation?

The Canon FDn 50/1.4, for instance, is small and faster, has no halation from f/2.0 on, has excellent color and sharpness and provides a similar DOF.

That you don't have to use an adapter for?

The adapter stays on the lens, so it is practically a part of it.

And, in case you hadn't noticed, higher quality legacy manual focus 50mm f1.4 lenses are closer to $200 than to $50.....

I have a spare Canon FDn 50/1.4 in mind condition for sale for $60+shipping (the same amount I paid for recently at eBay) -- are you interested?

I mean, I love my 50mm f1.7 Yashica, but there really are times the 45mm f1.8 is a far better choice to use.....Just because YOU don't want any of the advantages of the Oly lens does not mean that everyone else doesn't.

You are not paying attention. None of these "times" is relevant to this particular thread.

If you claim that a certain shot can be taken with the Olympus 45/1.8 only -- please open a new thread and show us. Please kindly consider staying on topic once you've claimed moderator powers.

Thank you.

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow