Any solution to image stabilization for Panasonic cameras?

Started Feb 24, 2013 | Questions thread
Klarno
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,399Gear list
Like?
Re: Any solution to image stabilization for Panasonic cameras?
In reply to oscarcll, Feb 24, 2013

oscarcll wrote:

I really like the g and gh series, especially the free angel LCD screen and the ability to take pictures while filming.

But since these cameras don't have IBIS, it means I don't have image stabilization with non-IS lenses such as the 25mm f/1.4.

It's not a deal breaker for stills. But IS is essential for taking videos without tripod. Of course I can use IS lenses, but I want the bokeh of fast prime lenses. And using a tripod is not practical for filming my kid.

I'm not aware of any solution, and probably there isn't any indeed. But considering the immense knowledge of the forum, I'll ask anyway.

Thanks!

Use a steadicam or a shoulder rig, or other specialized device for stabilizing a video camera. I put together a shoulder rig for my GH2 based off of a CowboyStudio shoulder support pad, using this as a starting point: http://vimeo.com/18679627 (some of the items i used were a bit different, but the same concept anyway).

-- hide signature --
 Klarno's gear list:Klarno's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 A3000 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow