webmonkey128
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
Re: Finally got to hold and checkout the X-E1
In reply to Nikonworks, Feb 24, 2013

Nikonworks wrote:

My interest was the X-E1.

First thought after taking a few shots and reviewing them on the LCD:

"this is not an LCD one should find on a $1,400 camera. It was small and gave no image detail when enlarging.

AF locked quickly but I had no way of knowing if it correctly locked on my intended subject.

Also the rep was very pleased to show the new Fuji (forgot model #) that has Phase Detect sensors on the sensor. It did lock very quickly. The rep also showed the split screen AF which I think would be great with an LCD with enough pixels.

I asked when would this be on the X-E1, he suggested in the future.

On this basis I will pre-order my D7100 to replace all my Nikon gear except my P7700,

Yeah the rear LCD is kinda cheap but it does the job, have you tried previewing with the EVF instead?

Good luck with the D7100...  I never have been entirely satisfied with my D7000 regarding autofocus accuracy and It's one thing I hope they've resolved in the updated model. AF accuracy is something I've never had to worry about with the X-E1 - when locked it's right on target.

webmonkey128's gear list:webmonkey128's gear list
Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow