Re: U, what?
In reply to Chato, Feb 24, 2013

Chato wrote:

JoeDaBassPlayer wrote:

Chato wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

Jeff Charles wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

what a stupid and sexist advice...and this guy wants to run for President?

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/341347/woman-biden-advised-buy-shotgun-calls-advice-sexist-andrew-johnson

You should maybe calm down.

A shotgun is a better defensive weapon in the home than a pistol. Chances are pretty good that most people are going to miss with a pistol under stress. Bear spray may even be a better choice.

-- hide signature --

Jeff
"Please proceed..."

Did you even read what the woman had said in the article? I think she knows more than you about guns!

According to her, a shotgun can only hold two rounds. She knows more? More about what?

While I disagree with Biden about his choice of weapons. (A Glock would be my choice) she doesn't know beans about shotguns.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Crazy Joe recommended a double barrel shotgun. Although a single shotgun blast is effective, having only two rounds would not make for a good self defense weapon.

What also alarms me is that they want to make semi auto firearms illegal, as well as 7 round capacity in shotguns. Semi auto does take some of the kick away and this would be a necessity for hunting and self defense.

IMHO, the measures recommended really do put the law abiding citizen at a disadvantage as far as self defense. Even more worrisome is that we really are at the mercy of the big brother government.

-- hide signature --

Variance is Evil!

Joe didn't recomend a double barrel, he recomended firing two rounds.

From the link:

"Kate Ernest told Fox News’ Megyn Kelly that because a double-barreled shotgun only has two rounds, anyone who followed Biden’s advice would be “a sitting duck” after firing both rounds. Biden told Ernest that he had advised his wife, Jill, to “fire two blasts outside the house” in the event of danger."

This woman simply assumed he was recomending a double barrel. In which case of course it would be ​Stupid​ to fire both barrels.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

"

In a Facebook "chat" Tuesday, the vice president said that he had advised his wife, Jill, to fire a shotgun in the air from their Delaware home's porch if she was concerned for her safety.

"I said, 'Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here, walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,'" Biden said. "

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow