OMD owners who regularly use Pany Lenses - is the water fine, safe to jump into the pool?

Started Feb 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
robonrome
Senior MemberPosts: 1,245Gear list
Like?
Re: OMD owners who regularly use Pany Lenses - is the water fine, safe to jump into the pool?
In reply to richardkloc, Feb 24, 2013

richardkloc wrote:

I had a GH2 along with a bunch of lenses and recently switched to the OM-D. I ended up getting rid of the 7-14mm due to the blue color cast issue. I used the funds from the 7-14mm to buy some other lenses including the Samyang 7.5mm. After using the 7-14mm lens for about a year with my GH2 I found it had issues, including a limited zoom range and distortion at 7mm. Between the Samyang and the Oly 12-50mm I think I can cover the wide end pretty well. Samyang images can be corrected so they are rectilinear when needed. And the lens is 1/4 the price of the 7-14mm.

i'm still hoping this (7-14 blue blotches) wont be too big an issue for my shooting style...i can see only one way to tell though ...i need to jump in and buy the thing or i'll be for ever wondering

robonrome's gear list:robonrome's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow