marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Like?
Quick Question and thanks.
In reply to Kamerakazi, Feb 24, 2013

Kamerakazi wrote:

2eyesee wrote:

Kamerakazi wrote:

Those are my photos which I took in my hometown, in Tokyo. My experience with the camera that ive been usinf since Feb 21 is that it is a very good camera. I also own the X10 and the RX100. In my opinion, the RX100 wins easily on image quality at all iso. The X10 and X20 are basically identical in image quality, even at higher iso.

In short, if you own the X10, i don't think you need to upgrade to the X2I, as image quality won't improve much.... The video is however much much better, as us of course, the viewfinder.

Suteishi

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kamera-kazi/

Thank you, Suteishi, for the photos - and your comments on the X20 from first hand experience.

I'm sure you understand there is intense interest in this camera, and no one on this forum has one at present so your full size images are greatly appreciated.

Yes I understand interest, as we all had interest here too in Japan

please feel free to share my X20 photos, I hope it will help for others who have interest in the camera.

Note, I do lIke the camera, a lot! But, as I own the X10, I expected a little more image quality.

Question: have you shot RAW yet? I used to own both the RX100 and X10, and on those cameras you really need to shoot RAW to get the best quality.

As far as handling, the RX100 is much smaller, but doesn't feel very nice to shoot with because there is no grip or VF.

So have you had a chance to shoot and process any RAW files yet?

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to comment and offer your experiences with the X20.

Markus

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NRNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow