Zeiss 100mm Makro-Planar T vs. Nikkor 105 mm VRII Micro? Thoughts?

Started Feb 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
NikonManSoCal
Regular MemberPosts: 202
Like?
Re: Zeiss 100mm Makro-Planar T* Samples
In reply to Mssimo, Feb 24, 2013

Mssimo wrote:

Re: Fantastic shots! So did you move to the Zeiss from the Nikkor I assume? Given the $1000 US price difference I am hoping the difference is significant. Also, the Zeiss cannot do 1:1 w/o extension correct?

That is true, its not a 1:1 macro, but I never found myself going to 1:1 aside from silly pictures of dollar bills.

As I said in my other post, the Zeiss could be priced at 3 grand or more and would still be worth it. Its that good. If you can focus it at F2, it will be sharper than the Nikon at F8. Bokeh is amazing, you are not doing yourself justice if you don't shoot portraits with it also.

I'm trying to decide if I could sell my copy to get the new 135 F2. Its not a macro (4:1) but it gets somewhat close. Decisions decisions :/

-- hide signature --

Great information - thank you sir! I will have to decide if the extra grand is doable as I would also like to get the 15 and 21mm ZF2's at some point  .... anyways let me know if you decide to sell it as I may be interested ...

Cheers

-Steve

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow