D600 with D7100 as Back up

Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
vbuhay
Contributing MemberPosts: 685Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 with D7100 as Back up
In reply to John Cerra2, Feb 24, 2013

John,

Your Black and White conclusion is obviously right, but in further discussion with other responders, I stated that I am also trying to expand my reasoning for choosing a D7100 as "Back Up" camera to allow me to use this for possible Action/Wildlife/Surfing/Airshows shots. I have the Pentax K5 and K20D with a few lenses (about 20+ of them) as a current back up. With the combination of both of these 2 Nikon Cameras and 5 lenses, I should be able to cover all of my needs without having to use the Big teles from Nikon. I guess I could always rent them when the need arises. I will definitely be adding the 14-24 f2.8 for my landscape/wedding needs and if the promise of the D7100 is true (IQ + AF no dust or oil spots), then I will add the D7100 + the 50-500 Sigma OS, HSM lens to the bag this summer. I will be anxiously waiting on the hands on tests and reviews. The 6 images in the Nikon site sure looks promising.

Thanks for you input.

vbuhay's gear list:vbuhay's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Nikon D800E Nikon D750 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow