Transcend Wifi SD card not working with 5D Mk III

Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
jackkurtz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,298Gear list
Like?
Re: Transcend Wifi SD card not working with 5D Mk III
In reply to dgromanis, Feb 24, 2013

I hate to state the obvious but did you read the quick start guide that came with the card? I have both the Transcend card and Eye-Fi card and the Transcend is a little more complicated, trickier to get working.

There's a file on the card that should get it going. It's a JPEG that you should be able to see on the camera back. Once you follow all the steps on the Quick Start Guide you select that file and delete. That *should* turn the wifi on. Of course your laptop, iPad, iPhone whatever also has to be configured to receive files from the card.

I say *should* because I had to go through the setup procedure several times before it worked for me. Once you have it set up, you turn it on by deleting a file. (Which, frankly, makes almost no sense to me but it's right there in the Quick Start) so I always shoot a junk file before I use the Transcend card.

Good luck.

jackkurtz's gear list:jackkurtz's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Olympus PEN E-P5 Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow