Started Feb 22, 2013 | Questions thread
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 3,793
Like?
Re: cleaning of Epson 3880 maintenance tank
In reply to Ursula Freer, Feb 24, 2013

Ursula Freer wrote:

irvweiner wrote:

Ursula, rather than go thru the fuss of replacing the ink absorbing foam I have placed a plastic bottle cap in the central D-shaped area. The cap is ~1/4 in deep and collects the waste ink, one a week or so I lift the cap out with a tweezer and empty it into a wad of paper toweling, and then place it back. Been doing this for >2 yrs without any fuss or muss. I did buy a resetter for the maint tank and a spare tank so I would not be caught in a situation where Epson would decide that I could not print that day. I'm not happy with the way their counters count!

I have been using Inkjetcarts and Jon Cones refillable system. I switched to the smaller 80 ml Cone carts because the larger 150+ ml carts were exhibiting banding when the ink level got quite low, otherwise they performed admirably. The inks of either vendor did not alter the quality of my B&W prints--the awards from my camera club competitions continued unabated. As stated in my previous posts these B&W prints brought back the smell of 'hypo' from my 1st pints 7 decades ago!

enjoy the 3880 especially with canvas! irv weiner

I did what you suggested and it works, you just need a fairly small cap to fit. I read with interested regarding your experience with inks. I have been looking at different replacement inks for the future. I am divided between Cone and inkrepublic inks. Inkrepublic has nice tubes attached to their bottles eliminating syringes but Jon Cone has a good reputation. How long have you had your 3880?

Thanks for the great tip!

-- hide signature --

Ursula, remember, bottle cap or not, the waste ink chip continues to count up till it reaches full. Unless you have a resetter.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow