Started Feb 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
arae5
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Hey, Fuji!
Feb 24, 2013

I picked up an X-E1 last week on a whim. I like my Nikon gear, but I felt I wanted something small and easy to take out everywhere. Turns out the camera has rekindled my joy of taking photos. I was procrastinating between the XPRO and XE1, but I got a really good deal on the X-E1. I think either of these camera's are the better of each other - end of the day just buy the one you can and enjoy it. Fuji have made a real gem that you should get in and enjoy now! I'm glad I did...

Anway, enough sob story, I just love this thing. I have only the 35mm at the moment and am currently about 500k's from a camera store so the simplicity of one lens on a small highly capable camera is a lot of fun. Here's a few shots from the last few days:

(whoops, under exposed this by 2 stops but recovered OK in RAW)

I can’t put it down – this camera does not beat the specs off other cameras, but it does do one thing no other can for me - it makes me want to go out and take photos.

What have I learnt so far? Just pick the damn thing up and shoot. I love the dials, it reminds me of shooting with my old (broken) Nikon F3. The aperture ring is the same. The build quality is superb.
P.S. Can you let me know how the images/site load? (speed wise).
Cheers

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow