D 7100 6 shot Raw Buffer IMO D400 still coming

Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
jfriend00
Forum ProPosts: 11,105
Like?
Re: So the original poster is wrong?
In reply to Franglais91, Feb 24, 2013

Franglais91 wrote:

You're saying that the original poster is wrong in his assertion that the D7100 will do only 6 uncompressed 14-bit RAW shots before stalling because:

- 6 frames is just the size of the of the buffer, not an actual measurement of the performance

- the D7100 supports a faster card write format so it should be able to flush shots faster (shooting compressed 12-bit will take you further anyway)

OK I can see that. I have never noticed Nikon deliberately limiting the performance of a camera to leave an opportunity to produce a better one

Don't forget that the D7100 images are 50% larger than the D7000 images (24MP vs. 16MP) too so some of the card write speed increase is taken up by the larger images.  We'll have to see how this actually works out with a real camera.  Actual measured write speed always seems to be different in the real world than what manufacturers proclaim so we will have to see what the actual camera does with a fast card.

I'm guessing a burst of 7-8 before it slows to a stutter speed which averages something around 2-3fps, but this is just a guess based on the specs and how other cameras seem to work.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow