D 7100 6 shot Raw Buffer IMO D400 still coming

Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kerry Pierce
Forum ProPosts: 17,580Gear list
Like?
Re: the d400 doesn't compete with the d600
In reply to Michel F, Feb 23, 2013

Michel F wrote:

You seem to have a lot of cash flow. Not everybody does.

You shouldn't let that bother you. It is not material to the discussion.

I don't agree that the D600 and potential D400 are aimed at completely different users. A lot of Nikon users are on the fence right now. Should they go full frame or keep/upgrade their DX equipment. Not everybody can afford both.

Whether or not a user can make up his mind on the most basic differences of the 2 cameras, doesn't alter the fact that the expected d400 and d600 cameras are completely different, aimed at different users. It doesn't matter whether or not he can afford both.  The feature lists should tell you that the cameras have significantly different levels of capability, just like the differences in the d4 and d800.

If someone is looking at a TOL pickup truck and a BOL sports car and saying that they are the same price and he can't decide which to buy, doesn't alter the fact that they aren't at all aimed at the same buyers by the company.

Your assessment of what "cheap" is or means baffles me.

Perhaps we have a language problem. Do you not understand that the d600 is the cheapest FX camera in Nikon's line or that the d7100 is significantly cheaper than the d600?  In either case, the use of the word cheap represents a cost that is relatively less expensive.  IOW, the d600 is Nikon's least expensive FX camera and the d7100 is significantly less expensive than the d600.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Kerry Pierce's gear list:Kerry Pierce's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow