Panasonic GH3 Made In China, Am I Being Old Fashioned To Be Disappointed ?

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
pinnacle
Senior MemberPosts: 2,442Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes, good stuffs are made in China
In reply to Jun2, Feb 23, 2013

Jun2 wrote:

That's part of evolution.

One of the worst things about buying Chinese manufactured goods is that you end supporting one of the most repressive, totalitarian regimes in the world. The Chinese government is accountable to no one. If you are Chinese and you even imply that you think the government is doing something wrong you and your family will be at risk of losing everything and going to prison. They censor all forms of media including the internet so that only the message that the government wants to be heard is what everyone in China hears.

I am very careful to buy only those items that I can't get from countries other than China. I am hoping that large companies like Apple will continue to move their manufacturing out of China and into countries which are not experiencing the extreme repression that the Chinese people are subject to.

It's not actually a communist country and not actually a free market country. It is your basic totalitarian nightmare of a country. The people who do well in China do so because they are connected to the powerful who sell privilege to the highest bidder.

Dan

-- hide signature --

Life is good.

pinnacle's gear list:pinnacle's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow