acrylic /metal / flatbed printing versus traditional photoprinters...

Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bloosqr
Regular MemberPosts: 254
Like?
acrylic /metal / flatbed printing versus traditional photoprinters...
Feb 23, 2013

I am not sure this is quite the right place to post this but I am curious if anyone has tried some of the more novel printing surfaces via flatbed printing that seems to be taking off. I originally hit upon this when I was looking at the dye-sub metal prints places like bay photo and adorama do and accidentally realized had screwed up my turn around time that I needed for a showing. In hunting around for an alternative I came across a few commercial companies (they mostly do this for other businesses) that print onto pretty much anything you can think of.. The two popular media for photography is metal (but not dye subbed) and/or acrylic .. Quite honestly I have no sense of how they compare to say classical inkjet or the new metal prints but its a bit of a novel medium to play with..
Everything seems priced about the same ($100 or so for 20x30) .. but a slew of $100 experiments can add up pretty quickly.. so some sense of it, particularly how it tends to be received (unique / beautiful / tacky?) would be fantastic..
Thanks much
-avi

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow