Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hugowolf
Forum ProPosts: 11,484
Like?
Re: Paper for Panoramas
In reply to Rkelac, Feb 23, 2013

Rkelac wrote:

Hugowolf wrote:

I agree with Howard: I think your best option for lustre/satin/pearl would be ready cut pano papers from RR.

Lots of people cut from rolls, where it helps if you have a rotary trimmer. I never enjoyed the experience. I much prefer to cut from 24 x 36 inch sheets.

I think the only coated paper you will find in Arch D (24 x 26 inches), will be proofing paper and fine art cotton rag. I don't think you will find any RC papers. Probably the nearest you would find to a lustre finish would Museo Silver Rag, and even though the price of the paper has dropped significantly over recent years, you would be looking at $270 for 25 sheets.

The 3880 max sheet width is 17.39 inches.

Brian A

Thanks Brian. The pano paper from RR only goes up to 13 inches. They do have custom cutting but only from sheets. To try it out, I think I'll get a small roll and switch to a matte paper. Aurora White is $43 (minus $5 coupon) for a 17x50 roll. It's even quite a bit cheaper than their sheets.

Yep, difficult to beat the price. For the same square footage of a high quality smooth 310 g/m² cotton rag, you would be looking at $200 for large sheets, and $120 for a 17" x 40' roll.

Brian A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow