Why Haven't Japanese Companies Learned From The Likes Of Apple?

Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
mjl699
Regular MemberPosts: 309Gear list
Like?
Re: Why Haven't Japanese Companies Learned From The Likes Of Apple?
In reply to LetsDoTheStapler, Feb 23, 2013

Thank god Fuji have not modelled themselves on Apple Inc.

I think Apple Inc are a great company. Marketing, amazing. Understanding more than anyone else that consumers want devices that work easily and seamlessly and committing the company to leading on that - well, they deserve the success Steve Jobs lead them to. And ground breaking products like the iPod, iPhone, iPad too.

They have definitely nailed a certain type of consumer. Every girl I know has an iPhone and most of them sleep near/with it. And I have 2 devices from Apple that play music for peronal use. Amazing market penetration. But, while all their devices are easy to use, none of them are the very best at their core functions. iPhones are not great phones.

Thank god Fuji are taking risks and turning out a camera with great IQ, instead of working on ease-of-use to the exclusion of IQ. Thank god Fuji are not Apple Inc, in the wider sense. I am not disagreeing witht the original poster, Apple does a lot well and is a great company. I am just pointing out that in Apple's case, like in any other case, there are downsides as well as upsides. Of course you could pick out the best or different companies ... but that's not real life.

-- hide signature --

mjl599

mjl699's gear list:mjl699's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow