ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Angie
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
New D800e?
Feb 23, 2013

Hi,

After much consideration between the D800 and D800e I took advantage of the instant savings now available and purchased a D800e from an online retailer.  I just received it and on inspection noticed a few things.  First, the serial number appears to be low, 301XXXX.  Is this an early D800e serial number?  Is there any way to tell when this camera was made?  A site to go to?  And second, the BM-12 monitor cover was already on the camera and had two finger prints on it.  Is this normal?   I am concerned that I have received someone's return and not a new camera.  This retailer has a 30 day return policy and from reading this forum among others it appears to be a common practice for some to purchase multiple cameras and return the ones they don't like.  Is there an online site where I can input the serial number and find out the camera's history?

Thanks

Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow