Alumna Gorp
Senior MemberPosts: 1,531Gear list
Like?
Re: Why 'digital zoom' ?
In reply to BHPhotog, Feb 23, 2013

BHPhotog wrote:

Alumna Gorp wrote:

BHPhotog wrote:

When using the magnify feature with MF on my OM-D , and half-press the shutter, I lose the magnified image

I played around with S-AF/ MF , but it's obvious that once I trip the shutter it's changing the MF to AF so that doesn't work.

Is it possible to trip the shutter with the magnification feature on? Otherwise, it's just guess work that the MF point I used is being used.

Brian

I don`t use the magnification feature, instead I programmed an fn button to toggle the digital zoom.

I'm curious, how does that work for you? What are the benefits over the "magnify" setting?
Brian

I find the magnify feature magnifies a little too much, x2 is enough for me, it also doubles the range of the lens attached, handy for the odd still and superb for video.

I`ve programmed the FN button on the 12-50mm lens to to toggle the digital zoom on and off.

Alumna Gorp's gear list:Alumna Gorp's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow