Nikon D7100 Is Not A Pro DX Body According To Nikon's UK Website

Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
FoolyCooly
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,458Gear list
Like?
Re: That doesn't mean much
In reply to joeyv, Feb 23, 2013

joeyv wrote:

It might not be "THE" dx body but it sure acts like "A" pro dx body. The specs. of this camera comes really close to the D3x and in many ways is better than the D300. All for $1,200.00. If that doesn't get you excited, you must be so filthy rich that value for money matters not to you at all.

The D300 has given me the most consistent results from any camera body I've ever owned. Believe me when I say that I've owned a lot. I passed on the D7000 because of numerous reports of unreliable AF and to be honest, the D7000 wasn't worth having to upgrade my post processing software for imo.

Will I purchase a D7100? Only if the sensor is better than the one they put in the D3200. ISO 3200 must be usable and it can not have any major flaws like oil spots, common dust problems, inconstant AF, strong moire or banding.

A D7100 for $1200 sounds like a pretty good deal until you start comparing it to pro used bodies. For example, you could purchase a D700 for $1200 lightly used. I purchased a used Canon 5D and 5DMKii for $1000 total... now that's a value for the money.

FoolyCooly's gear list:FoolyCooly's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D300 Nikon D7000 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EOS 6D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow