ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gary in PDX
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
Move to FF lens question
Feb 23, 2013

Hi,

I have been shooting for the past few years with a 40D and now with the release of the 6D am considering the move to FF (a long-time dream). I shoot mostly nature and landscapes, and occasional street scenes, family, etc. My reason for going FF is better high ISO performance (e.g. night photography), more DOF control, and larger files for larger prints and more cropping flexibility. My current lens collection for the 40D consists of the EFS 10-22, EFS 17-55, and EF 70-200L IS. If I get the 6D, I would get the 17-40 for wide angle and the 24-105 for mid-range, and keep the 70-200 for telephoto. So my question is in how the 17-40 on FF compares to the 10-22 on the crop, and the 24-105 FF compares to the 17-55 on the crop. I am mostly interested in lens sharpness, particularly stopped down. At this point or in the near future I cannot afford the more expensive zooms.

Thank you very much.

Gary

Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow